Sunday, February 19, 2012

Really, Kanye?

Kanye West

Dear Kanye West,

I just heard the news. You fired a dude because your meal was late. Really, Kanye? I wish the biggest problem in my life was food that got delivered a little late.

You don’t know how good you have it, brother. The least you can do is show the universe that you are grateful for all that you have been given by cutting the people you come in contact with some slack. Instead, you decided to throw a hissy fit because someone was late with your food. Are you going to die because your meal wasn’t hot? Is the world going to end because your fillet mignon (I don’t know if that’s what you ordered, but you get my point) wasn’t steaming?

Yes, I understand that delivering your meal was the driver’s J.O.B. and that if I showed up to my job late, I would get “talked to”. But fired? Aren’t we going overboard, Kanye?

I’m willing to bet your driver was rarely, if ever, late. People know not to *bleep* up in your presence. But you just had to show that you are “The All-Powerful Kanye” by dishing out your wraith. That driver that you just fired because you wanted to display your power probably has a family to feed, children to take care of. Couldn’t you have spared him? Shouldn’t you have bigger fish to fry? It’s not like the driver stole money from you. It’s not like he went to TMZ with the scoop on your personal life. So your meal got a little cold. Get over it, buddy. Again, I wish that was my biggest problem.

I like you, Kanye. I really do. I’ve been a fan since “Through The Wire” and even stuck by you during the T.S. (Taylor Swift) fiasco but, man, throwing a hissy fit because your food is late reeks of “punkism”. Only divas do crap like that and you don’t want to be classified as a diva, do you? That would hurt your street cred.

So, Kanye, please don’t let me hear that you did something like this again.

Sincerely,
T.C. Galltin

P.S. I love your song “Runaway” even though it didn’t get as much play as I thought it should have. You got skills, brother. Focus on that instead of firing folks over a cold meal.

11 comments:

  1. #firstworldproblems

    P.S. - my period was late so I'm firing mother nature. *kanye shrug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I know, right. Folks don't realize how good they have it over here. Regarding firing Mother Nature...too funny! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really hope that there was more to it than his meal being late. I mean...that's just wrong. What ever happened to warnings? Eh, people with money will do what they want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there was more to the story, too, Kalley...for Kanye's sake. He looks like a *bleep*hole if there isn't more to this story. But then again, I shouldn't expect anything different from Kanye. He's a great artist, but he's not known for his people skills. LOL

      Delete
  3. Way to let him have it, Ty. That's a tough thing to do when you really actually appreciate someone. That's it! I am definitely staying on your good side...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL After reading your comment on my "What Next?" post, you will never be on my bad side. Ever. ;-)

      Delete
  4. God bless you, Ty. By the way, I'm quite for real when I say I pray. It's part of my morning routines. If you don't mind, I'd like to include you in my daily prayers along with my family and friends. It would be a huge honor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck no I wouldn't mind if you prayed for me! LOL Please, please, please do it. You better believe I'm praying hard over here. ;-)

      Thanks again for the encouragement, Jerriell. I'm the one who's honored that you're taking the time to help me keep pushing on.

      Delete
  5. Done! I'll be lifting up your name before the Lord every single day without fail... Thanks for the honor to help keep you and your daughter moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's saying hello from Baltimore. See your on line contact register for my 'hello neighbor' message.

    ReplyDelete