Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Don't Weep For Me

R.I.P, Mommy!
I love you!

Collette Isetta Williams
March 26, 1956 - November 28, 2011 

“Don't Weep for Me”

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!).


Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that she was sick, but the loss is still felt. I'm keeping you, your daughter and your family in my prayers. Please take care. Best--KalleyC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kalley. I'm in a better place about it than I was a couple of days ago. But you are never all right after losing a parent. The poem helps me get through it, though, and thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete