Friday, November 4, 2011

Beyonce And Her Ridunkulous Heels

Mom-to-be, Beyonce, is seen entering an office building wearing a red pea coat and designer boots in New York
Yesterday, I saw something on Madame Noire (one of my favorite e-zines) that truly disturbed me. My girl Beyonce was stepping out in some ridunkulously super high heels. We all know that homegirl is with child and everyone was discussing whether or not her choice in fashion was wise.

Ya’ll know me. I’m opinionated. I had to comment on MN’s link. (Click here to see their article.) My two cents that I posted on Facebook: “Is she out of her mind??!!”

Everyone is saying that walking on those heels is like walking on a wedge shoe because they are supported by a flat bottom. Are you serious? How can being hoisted five inches off the ground (even with a flat bottom) ever be like walking in “normal” shoes? No. Nope. Nah-uh.

And someone tried to say that perhaps I’m throwing shade on Beyonce. Boos, ya’ll know I love me some Bey. “Ring The Alarm”. “Irreplaceable”. Et al. So, don’t ever try to accuse me of throwing shade on Queen B herself.

As a mother who had a baby ten months ago, I just question her choice. I also questioned whether her choice to continue dying her hair in her early months of pregnancy was wise (the health field warns against it).

I’m not trying to judge her (Lord knows I’m not) because I have made plenty of stupid decisions. But, I think Bey should step out in something a little more...ah…comfortable. If there’s any time to do it, it’s during her pregnancy.

Chill out, Bey. We all know you’re a fashion icon. You don’t have to keep proving it to us, especially not right now. Enjoy your pregnancy, girl. Smooches.

6 comments:

  1. LOL. I've got to agree with you there. She looks great in heels, but while she's pregnant, if she must wear heels, reserve them for sitting down and looking pretty shots. Then after the shoot is over, she can put on her flats and walk safely out to her ride. P.S. I'm a big fan too. Have you heard her song "Listen"? That song right there...deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Pam! Reserve them shoes for cute shots!

    Yup, I heard "Listen". I like that, too, but my favorite slow song of hers is "Irreplaceable". So far, she hasn't "replaced" that one for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to try and judge her, but I would so not wear those heels while carrying precious cargo. But this is a woman who can dance and run in heels. I'm not surprised if she lives in them.

    I agree with you ladies, those shoes are good for cute shots but not walking around in. --KalleyC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kalley!

    Yes, she does live in heels. I'm willing to bet her feet must be tore up from the floor up. Then again, she probably has a personal pedicurist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see anything wrong with B's shoes. And being pregnant doesn't mean she has to stop living...I have three kids and based on two of my pregnancies, I don't think the condition is as delicate as a lot of people want us to believe. I've worn heels for more than half my life (dang I'm getting old!). My friends and family always get on my case about putting the heels away because I'm ruining my back. Whatever. I have my heel wearing down to a science: always make sure my heels fit properly and focus on my back and core when I work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tish,

    To each his own, hon, but wearing five-inch heels while you are pregnant doesn't seem sound to me. There are already health risks associated with wearing heels for non-pregnant women (back pain, ruined arches, pinched nerves, etc.). Add a baby to that equation and it's "a recipe for disaster" (the name of my first novel, by the way). Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your opinion!

    P.S. Your balance is off during pregnancy anyway. I just can't fathom the idea of wearing heels. To me that's a double whammy.

    ReplyDelete