Saturday, October 1, 2011

What’s In a Sign?

Astrology
I’m a huge fan of astrology…to the point where I check my horoscopes (yes, plural) everyday. I used to be over-the-top with my addiction—visiting more than five sites a day just to see what my future held. Once I realized how crazy that was, I began to tone it down. Now I visit two sites daily (Holiday Mathis and MSN) and one site monthly (Astrologyzone.com).

While I don’t believe in the validity of day-to-day horoscopes (I check them for fun), I do believe in the general characteristics that most astrology gurus describe for each sign. For instance, I’m a Taurus. Most astrologers say that Tauruses are pretty peaceful…until you get them upset. Then they are like a bull in a China shop, and it’s VERY true. I have a temper that just won’t quit once I get riled up.

Another example: Geminis are known for their dual nature. They are one way one day and can be another way the next. You never know what “face” you’re going to get when you’re dealing with a Gemini. I have found this to be true and steer clear of most Geminis.

Cancers are sensitive, just like many astrology experts say. As a matter of fact, my rising sign is Cancer. (Your rising sign is different from your sun sign. Your rising sign is the face that you present to the world, while your sun sign is what you are on the inside—your true nature, your make-up. Rising sign is determined by your time of birth.) True to nature, I am extremely sensitive and very motherly, but sometimes I try to hide that under a strong exterior, which is typical of many Cancers.

While I know this astrology thing is not definitive and millions of people break the astrology “mold,” it’s still fun to read up on this stuff. So, in honor of the stars, here are a couple of sites to visit to find out more about yourself and the people in your life.


Happy astrology-ing!

4 comments:

  1. I like this post. I find that what's said about Geminis are so true. I'm related to two of them, and I have NO idea which face I'm going to get. One of my fears is having a Gemini child...shm.

    I'm a Pisces, so what they say about us living in our imagination and being creative, I do find that to be true (at least for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrrrrl, I tried not to go there, but when I saw your comment, I just had to. My baby daddy was a Gemini...never again. Nuff said.

    Pisces are cool people. I knew I liked you. :-)

    ~TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. This information is very useful... thanks for sharing......
    Online problem solutions in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Great information, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, Thanks for sharing.
    Divine Centre in chennai

    ReplyDelete