Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Got a Crush on You

With the explosion of social media (Twitter, Facebook), it’s easier than ever to be connected to a person’s inner thoughts, feelings and advice. Next thing you know, you may find yourself crushin’ on that guy or gal who tweets the most clever, funniest things. And some of ya’ll are poly-crushin’ (got a crush on two or more people on your TL or Friends list). Play on playa! 

I’ll be the first to admit I got a Twitcrush, and most of you already know who the object of my affection is. I have a femcrush (derived from “mancrush”) on Terry McMillan. She rocks, man! She’s one of the wisest, coolest chics in social media land. That’s why I blabber on and on about her. (There I go...getting sidetracked yet again.)

Anyway, without further ado, here are five signs that you are indeed crushin’ on someone in social media land:

1)   When their picture pops up, you lose your mind. In other words, your pulse starts racing, your heart skips a beat as you anticipate reading their nuggets of words, which leads to #2…
2)   You. Hang. On. To. Every. Single. Word. of a status update/a tweet. And sometimes you read it over and over again just to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
3)   The “retweet button” or “share” button is your best friend. Everything your crush says is absolutely priceless…a gem, and you want the world to know. Retweet on, my friend. Retweet on!
4)   The urgent need to respond kicks in and you begin to compose your message. Then you find yourself rewriting and critiquing your response like it’s an English final.
5)   You go creepin’ to check out their profile. As soon as you log into Twitter or Facebook, you’re on a mission that leads you straight to your crush’s page to see what they had to say.

So there you have it…the five signs that you are crushin’ on someone. I’ll be the first to say I enjoy my crushes (oops, did I just say “crushes”? LOL). They bring excitement to my day. 

So here’s a little throwback jam from the Jets. Most of ya’ll remember this song “Crush On You”. Enjoy!

The Jets
"Crush on You"

No comments:

Post a Comment