Friday, July 8, 2011

Short and Sweet

I saw the funniest thing on Twitter and wanted to share. Take a look (hit the "back" arrow to return to my post):


Now your first reaction was probably, “Oh sh*t, they’re gonna burn in hell for this!”, but I bet you laughed.  Why? Because it’s funny, that’s why!

All of us have seen that infamous photo of some guy or chic posing in front of the mirror trying to achieve the perfect angle with camera in hand.  In today's cyber age, it comes with the territory, and the Jesus photo mocks that beautifully. Even Jesus wants to look good for the camera and post it on Facebook (lol). I might burn in hell for finding that photo funny, but I'll take my chances. Here's the thing: sometimes you have to cut loose and have some fun. Seeing that picture reminds me that this is one of those times.

I think Terry McMillan does this best. Check out her Twitpic*:


Here you have a well-known author of best-selling books willing to put her funny side out there for the world to see. People have said mean things about her picture, but I love it! She has mastered the lesson: Cut up…don’t take yourself too seriously. I think we all should take a page from her book. 

And by the way...Jesus, you’re looking good!

Happy Friday, everybody! Do something fun today.    

*Update: Terry McMillan has changed her picture. Too bad you missed the old one! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment